A bike parking map can help cyclists plan their routes and park their bikes on secure racks, rather than on a stop sign or a tree. It also recognizes businesses that support cyclists.
With the help of the Vaughan Bicycle User Group, I'm creating a bicycle parking map for Vaughan. It's a work in progress.
You can help by contributing to the map! Add any public bike parking that you use or are aware of, and also areas that are in need of better bike parking.
Blue bicycle icons identify existing bike racks
Red triangles depict inadequate or improper bicycle parking, and should be regarded as areas in need of better bike parking.
Red point markers are areas with bike parking, but the exact location needs to be confirmed. (Edit this point, move it to the right location, then change the symbol to a blue bike.)
Green circles are bike-specific businesses like bike shops.
1. Click on this URL to get to the map
2. Click on the "add marker" icon at the top of the screen.
3. Add locations of known bike racks or areas in need.
4. On "Title", type the closest business or landmark to the bike rack.
5. Click "Save"
6. Change the default icon to a blue bicycle or a red triangle by clicking on the bucket in the left column of your screen, next to the location you just added.
7. You can also add links to photos if you post them to a website like Flickr, or send the photos to me.