Saturday, August 8, 2015

Cycling in the Laurentians and Eastern Townships of Quebec

I was glad to have brought my bike along during my travels in Quebec, as opportunities abound for cycling adventures on La Route Verte.

Here are some views from a ride along the Aerobic Corridor between Weir and Lac-des-Seize-Iles in the Laurentians.









We finished off with a stop at Morgan's Farm for some produce to juice.


Another day, in the Eastern Townships, I rode 62 km of the Sutton Mountain Tour route.  There were some serious climbs, but worth it as I was treated to some great views of the countryside.





Owl's Head

The rain came down hard for about 20 minutes, so I grabbed a snack and took shelter at a general store at Vale Perkins.


Mansonville has a lovely main street lined with shops, restaurants, churches, and parks.

I happened upon a market and grabbed some lunch.  I also toured an exhibit in the historic round barn seen in the background.



1 comment:

  1. Cycling in the Laurentians is one of the very interesting challenges isn't it, besides exercising you also get a very beautiful view. Thank you for sharing your experiences and knowledge about holidays. villakubu.com

    ReplyDelete