Monday, May 11, 2015

Oak Ridges Corridor Trail and Lake Wilcox Park

This past weekend, I had two hours to spare after dropping my son off at a birthday party, so I took the opportunity to explore Richmond Hill by bike.  The Town of Richmond Hill has perhaps the most connected bike network of the nine municipalities in York Region.  Among the highlights of my tour was the Oak Ridges Corridor Park, a wonderful place to enjoy nature.


Here's the view from my bike...




After exiting the trail, I happened upon the newly renovated Lake Wilcox Park.  Wow! What an incredible public space.  Definitely worth checking out.  And yes, I did order ice cream at the end of the video.  Is there anything better than combining cycling and ice cream?!


1 comment:

  1. Shawn , can these trails accommodate road bikes , are they a hard surface ?

    ReplyDelete