Friday, November 15, 2013

Bring on the trails!

After participating in a mountain biking section of the Oak Ridges Trail Adventure this past June, I was compelled to get myself a mountain bike and take to the trails.  I asked for a Ghost SE 2920 Mountain Bike for my birthday.  What a sweet ride.  I love the 29 inch wheels.

Here's a map compiling my online research about mountain bike trails in York Region.

View Mountain Biking in York Region in a larger map

I decided to check out Centennial Park in King Township.  It has about 5km of single-track mountain bike trails, categorized into three skill levels: beginner, intermediate, and advanced.  It was exhilarating to travel these forest trails by bike!  I can see myself getting more into this sport.  Here are a few pictures I snapped of Centennial Park (entrance on the east side of Jane, north of 16th sideroad).

There are no park signs on Jane, and there's a long driveway, so the park is easy to miss.  Here's the view from the park looking toward Jane St.

King offers a Mountain Biking Camp for ages 9-14

Entrance

Trail map.  Yellow is easy, orange is intermediate, blue is advanced.



No comments:

Post a Comment